This two-volume Via Media anthology brings much of the rich heritage conveniently together for your reading. In this first volume, prepare yourself to sit at the feet of the main representatives of the Chen Village, including Chen Xiaowang, Chen Xiaoxing, and Wang Xi’an. Perhaps of greater importance are the clear explanations outlining each step in the learning process toward mastering Chen-style tai chi. Chapters included here clarify what proper training entails and why much time and effort (gongfu) are necessary to gain results. These Via Media books present a clear picture of Chen tai chi.
Chen T’ai Chi: Traditional Instructions from the Chen Village, Vol. 1
Enjoy a 25% Discount!
- Chenjiagou: The History of the Taiji Village, by David Gaffney, B.A.
- Comments on Selections from Chen Xin’s Illustrated Explanations of Chen Taijiquan, by Stephan Berwick, M.A.
- Mind-Body Connections in Chen Xin’s Illustrated Explanation of Chen-Style Taijiquan, by Miriam O’Conner, M.A.
- Overlapping Steps: Traditional Training Methods in Chen Village Taijiquan, by David Gaffney, B.A.
- Taiji’s Chen Village: Under the Influence of Chen Xiaoxing, by Stephan Berwick, M.A.
- Chen Xiaowang on Learning, Practicing and Teaching Chen Taiji, by Stephan Berwick, M.A.
- Dripping Oil onto Parchment: Traditional Taijiquan Form Training in Chen Village, by David Gaffney, B.A.
- An Encounter with Chen Xiaowang: The Continuing Development of Chen-Style Taijiquan, by Dietmar Stubenbaum
- Going Beyond the Norm: An Interview with Chen Taiji Stylist Wang Xi’an, by Asr Cordes
- A Brief Description of Chen-Style Master Du Yuze, by Wong Jiaxiang; Michael DeMarco, M.A., translator
6" x 9" paperback, 134 pages, 180 illustrations. eBOOK AVAILABLE from Kindle, iTunes, Nook, and Kobo.