There has been a lack of reliable academic studies regarding Filipino martial arts that have uniquely developed in the Philippine archipelago. This Via Media anthology assembles pioneering scholarly materials valuable for any interested in the Filipino combatives, as well as chapters specifically on the practice. A special Via Media book on FMA.
Filipino Martial Art Anthology
Enjoy a 25% Discount!
- Classical Eskrima: The Evolution and Etymology of a Filipino Fencing Form, by Mark V. Wiley, B.S.
- The Classification and Ethos of Filipino Martial Traditions, by Mark V. Wiley, B.S.
- Showing the Forms of Filipino Kuntaw Lima-Lima, by Steven K. Dowd
- Philippine Arms & Armor in the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, by Mark V. Wiley, B.S.
- The Art of Conversation: Random Flow Training in Visayan Corto Kadena Eskrima, by Majia Soderholm, B.Sc.
- Remy Presas Remembered: A Perspective on Life in the Martial Arts, by Peter Hobart, J.D.
- Pirates of the Philippines: A Critical Thinking Exercise, by Ruel A. Macaraeg, M.A., J.D.
- A Few Favored Modern Arnis Techniques, by Ken Smith
6"x9" paperback, 116 pages, 183 illustrations