This two-volume anthology brings together a great collection of writings by authors who dive into the deepest realms of Indo-Malay combatives. They offer readers a rare viewing of martial traditions that is usually hidden behind social shrouds of secrecy and a clannish quest to preserve individual tradition.
Indo-Malay Martial Traditions: Aesthetics, Mysticism & Combatives, Vol. 2
$16.95 Regular Price
- Silek: The Martial Arts of the Minangkabau in West Sumatra, by Kirstin Pauka, Ph.D.
- A Flower of Martial Arts: The Randai Folk Theatre of the Minangkabau in West Sumatra, by Kirstin Pauka, Ph.D.
- Silat-Based Randai Theater of West Sumatra Makes its U.S. Debut, by Kirstin Pauka, Ph.D.
- Silat Seni Gayong: Seven Levels of Defense, by Mark V. Wiley, B.A
- Practical Fighting Strategies of Indonesian Kuntao-Silat in the Willem Reeders Tradition, by Michael A. DeMarco, M.A.
- Opening and Closing: An Introduction to the Welcoming Postures of Pencak Silat, by Chris Parker, B.Ed.
6" x 9" paperback, 114 pages, 216 illustrations. eBOOK AVAILABLE from Kindle, iTunes, Nook, and Kobo.