A kata is much like a family jewel that has passed down through generations. It holds a significance that is difficult to decipher, and many dispute the meaning of every micromovement it contains. Each chapter in this Via Media anthology deals with the principles that guide kata practice.
Karate Kata: For the Transmission of High-Level Combative Skills, Vol. 1
Enjoy a 25% Discount!
- Kaho: Cultural Meaning and Educational Method in Kata Training, by John Donohue, Ph.D.
- Elements of Advanced Techniques, by Marvin Labbate
- Developing Advanced Goju-Ryu Techniques, by Marvin Labbate
- Tensho Kata: Goju-Ryu’s Secret Treasure, by Marvin Labbate
- An Analysis of Parallel Techniques: The Kinetic Connection Between Sanseru and Shishochin, by Robert Toth
- Incorporating the Main Principles of Kata Training, by Marvin Labbate
- The Lost Secrets of Okinawan Goju-Ryu: What the Kata Shows, by Giles Hopkins, M.A.
6" x 9" paperback, 140 pages, 304 illustrations. eBOOK AVAILABLE from Kindle, iTunes, Nook, and Kobo.