This book pulls together some of the best writings published in the Journal of Asian Martial Arts regarding modern mixed martial arts. Chapters highlight the different ways in which grappling techniques are currently used in mixed martial arts competition. You’ll also find perspective and insight that illuminate what is occurring in the evolution of MMA competition: changing competitive rules and dollar amounts play a role in the outcome of championship belts and competitive crowns.
Mixed Martial Arts: Analyses of Techniques & Usage
$14.95 Regular Price
- Mixed Martial Arts: A Technical Analysis of the Ultimate Fighting Champioship in Its Formative Years, by Daniele Bolelli, M.A.
- Varied Approaches to Grappling in Mixed Martial Arts Competition, by Daniele Bolelli, M.A.
- The Choke: The Ultimate Finishing Technique, by Andrew Zerling, B.S.
- The Arm Lock: The Technique of Control, by Andrew Zerling, B.S.
- The Leg Lock: Technique of Contrast, by Andrew Zerling, B.S.
- Core Skills and Four Primary Applications of the Cross-Body Armlock, by Steve Scott, B.A.
- A Study of Armbar Submissions in Ultimate Fighting Championship Contests from 2000 to 2011, by Rhadi Ferguson, Ph.D.
- A Study of Chokehold Submissions in Ultimate Fighting Championships from 2000 to 2011, by Rhadi Ferguson, Ph.D.
6" x 9" paperback, 114 pages, 137 illustrations. eBOOK AVAILABLE from Kindle, iTunes, Nook, and Kobo.