For anyone who questions the validity of taiji and qigong as exercise modalities, the collected writings in this book will provide information not available elsewhere. In addition to finding the historical and scientific foundation of these practices, the contents in this book will help improve taiji and qigong practice, bringing the many benefits as claimed for these gems of Chinese culture.
T'ai Chi & Qigong for Your Health: Historical and Scientific Foundations
- Immortality in Chinese Thought and Its Influence on Taijiquan and Qigong, by Arieh Lev Breslow, M.A.
- Taiji and Qigong Health Benefits: How and Why They Work, by C.J. Rhoads, D.Ed., M.Ed., Duane Crider, Ph.D., and Dina Hayduk, D.Ed., M.Ed.
- Yang Taiji Practice Through the Eyes of Western Medical Health Guidelines, by Michael A. DeMarco, M.A.
- Fear of Falling: Taijiquan as a Form of Graded In Vivo Exposure Therapy, by Shane Kachur, B.M.R. (P.T), R. Nicholas Carleton, M.A., & Gordon Asmundson, Ph.D.
- Taiji Ruler: Legacy of the Sleeping Immortal, by Kenneth S. Cohen, M.A., M.S.Th.
6" x 9" paperback, 108 pages, 58 illustrations. eBOOK AVAILABLE from Kindle, iTunes, Nook, and Kobo.