This anthology, as part of our projects to provide stellar articles from the Journal of Asian Martial Arts, provides high quality materials about taekwondo you will not find elsewhere. Topics include fascets of taekwondo history, practice, competition, health, education, character, techniques, and sport/athletics. You’ll find the notes, bibliographies, illustrations, and index are also valuable.
Taekwondo Studies: Advanced Theory & Practice
$21.95 Regular Price
- The Oregon Taekwondo Research Project: Results and Recommendations, by Willy Pieter, Ph.D., and Dennis Taaffe, Ph.D.
- People and Events of Taekwondo’s Formative Years, by Dakin Burdick, M.A.
- The Saga of the Modern Martial Arts Student-Instructor Relationship in North American Schools, by Marzena Czarnecka, M.A.
- Training and Competition in Taekwondo, by Willy Pieter, Ph.D., and John Heijmans, M.S., M.D.
- Juan Moreno’s Olympic-Style Training for Taekwondo Athletes, by José Saporta, M.D.
- A Biomechanical Analysis of the Modified Taekwondo Axe Kick, by Luigi T. Bercades, M.S., CSCS, and Willy Pieter, Ph.D.
- Development of a Test for Evaluating Beginning Taekwondo Students’ Motor Skills, by Willy Pieter, Ph.D. and John Heijmans, M.S., M.D.
- Talent Detection in Taekwondo Practitioners, by Willy Pieter, Ph.D.
- The Evolution of Kicking Techniques in Taekwondo, by Udo Moenig, M.A.
- Physique, Body Fat, and Martial Arts Performance: Correlations Found in Adult Elite Karate and Taekwondo Athletes, by Willy Pieter, Ph.D.
- Reflections on an After-School Literacy Program and the Educational Value of Taekwondo: A Preliminary Analysis, by Derek Van Rheenen, Ph.D.
6" x 9" paperback, 206 pages, 86 illustrations. eBOOK AVAILABLE from Kindle, iTunes, Nook, and Kobo.