This Via Media anthology provides high quality materials about taekwondo you will not find elsewhere. Topics include fascets of taekwondo history, practice, competition, health, education, character, techniques, and sport/athletics. You’ll find the notes, bibliographies, illustrations, and index are also valuable in this Via Media book.
Taekwondo Studies: Advanced Theory & Practice
Enjoy a 25% Discount!
- The Oregon Taekwondo Research Project: Results and Recommendations, by Willy Pieter, Ph.D., and Dennis Taaffe, Ph.D.
- People and Events of Taekwondo’s Formative Years, by Dakin Burdick, M.A.
- The Saga of the Modern Martial Arts Student-Instructor Relationship in North American Schools, by Marzena Czarnecka, M.A.
- Training and Competition in Taekwondo, by Willy Pieter, Ph.D., and John Heijmans, M.S., M.D.
- Juan Moreno’s Olympic-Style Training for Taekwondo Athletes, by José Saporta, M.D.
- A Biomechanical Analysis of the Modified Taekwondo Axe Kick, by Luigi T. Bercades, M.S., CSCS, and Willy Pieter, Ph.D.
- Development of a Test for Evaluating Beginning Taekwondo Students’ Motor Skills, by Willy Pieter, Ph.D. and John Heijmans, M.S., M.D.
- Talent Detection in Taekwondo Practitioners, by Willy Pieter, Ph.D.
- The Evolution of Kicking Techniques in Taekwondo, by Udo Moenig, M.A.
- Physique, Body Fat, and Martial Arts Performance: Correlations Found in Adult Elite Karate and Taekwondo Athletes, by Willy Pieter, Ph.D.
- Reflections on an After-School Literacy Program and the Educational Value of Taekwondo: A Preliminary Analysis, by Derek Van Rheenen, Ph.D.
6" x 9" paperback, 206 pages, 86 illustrations. eBOOK AVAILABLE from Kindle, iTunes, Nook, and Kobo.